Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 31-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
TVR

Thumbs up

Bro, wonderful Tosakins you have there! Thumbs up.
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #12
Jordan Tiong
Dragon

Beautiful collection . Well done . Thanks for sharing .
Jordan Tiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #13
Bettaz
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelphan View Post
Thanks for sharing.

The fishes are definitely very impressive specimens and I am sure they cost a fortune to acquire.
These are a mix of 2nd generation offsprings from the original fish I brought in. Last year's pairings did include outcrosses to fish from another Japanese line as well. Still fish 'in progress'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael666 View Post
Thank you for sharing. Care to elaborate on the parameters/requirements ? What is your water change routine ?
Let's see....generally, for those above 6 months old, I keep 3-6 specimens per tank. Tank size is 3' x 1.5' and water is topped up to about 1'+. The idea is not to crowd them as they tend to react adversely quickly(showing ammonia burn on their fins etc) when water quality deteriorates. 95% water changes are carried out on a daily basis, and all tanks only use air operated sponge filters to keep the waste out of suspension in the water between water changes.

I tend to grow a healthy carpet of algae along the walls of the tanks, so that they can nibble on them between feeding sessions. Grooming these fish from fry tends to be a balance of regular water changes, culling rigorously and feeding well to achieve good body deportment for me. Hope this answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
Bro, wonderful Tosakins you have there! Thumbs up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Tiong View Post
Beautiful collection . Well done . Thanks for sharing .
Thanks for the kind comments!

Attached below is a quick video of some of the males selected for this year's breeding lineup. They are still pretty young fish, so their tails have yet to achieve the proper proportions. Video taken before a water change, using my samsung hp.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Bettaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #14
bettadis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaz View Post
Sharing some of my humble Tosakins. Pardon the low quality pics, which were taken using my handphone.

Very beautiful and nice! Very well kept
bettadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #15
michael666
Arofanatic

Thank you for sharing. What is your feeding regime ? Do you use floating or sinking pellets ? Any plan to sell the offsprings ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaz View Post
These are a mix of 2nd generation offsprings from the original fish I brought in. Last year's pairings did include outcrosses to fish from another Japanese line as well. Still fish 'in progress'!

Let's see....generally, for those above 6 months old, I keep 3-6 specimens per tank. Tank size is 3' x 1.5' and water is topped up to about 1'+. The idea is not to crowd them as they tend to react adversely quickly(showing ammonia burn on their fins etc) when water quality deteriorates. 95% water changes are carried out on a daily basis, and all tanks only use air operated sponge filters to keep the waste out of suspension in the water between water changes.

I tend to grow a healthy carpet of algae along the walls of the tanks, so that they can nibble on them between feeding sessions. Grooming these fish from fry tends to be a balance of regular water changes, culling rigorously and feeding well to achieve good body deportment for me. Hope this answers your question.
michael666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
Bettaz
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettadis View Post
Very beautiful and nice! Very well kept
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael666 View Post
Thank you for sharing. What is your feeding regime ? Do you use floating or sinking pellets ? Any plan to sell the offsprings ?

I feed 3-4 times daily, 2-3 hours apart. Fish which are 6 months or older are mostly on pellet diets. I use 80% Tosa Queen pellets(Same company which produces Japan Ranchu Lord pellets), and another 20% mix of Hikari-Saki and the occasional algae discs thrown into the tanks for them to munch on.

Here's a picture of the pellets I'm using, two sizes, depending on the size of the fish:

With regards to selling the young, I tend to cull as a hobbyist would, i.e. I'm usually left with 10-20 fish per spawn of hundreds or even thousand+. If you are interested though, just drop me a PM. I may have some available when I'm done culling the current batch of fries, if not.... well there's always the future batches when I spawn them again haha
Old 04-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #17
Bettaz
Arofanatic

Some pics to chase away the Monday blues. Time for some females' shots.

Was trying to snap the pictures of some of the females, but because their tanks were more inaccessible, I was failing terribly at getting a decent shot. Also perhaps they thought I was feeding them, and didn't stop swimming, hah!

This girl has a pretty broad tail. Sadly, couldn't catch a photo of her just then with her usual tail flip position.

Pardon the not so clear handphone photography!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #18
exotic_idiot
Dragon

Very artistic and beautiful tosakins
Thanks for sharing bro
exotic_idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #19
sthh
Arofanatic

Very nicely taken, these tosakins are really photogenic, and shows up well even with a handphone.
sthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #20
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Nice good collection of good quality queen of goldfish!!!!
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote