Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 14-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #11
lyan

Default plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadrian View Post
Hi I need help with shrimps.

Mosy of the shrimps I got dies almostly immediately especially the smaller ones. My Yamato takes 2-3 days to die but the thing i notice is that they then to turn reddish. Else is that their hind legs cannot move only their front.

My water temp is ard 27-28.5 degrees (lights on and lights off).

Please help.
Make sure your plants have not insecticide in it. To test,when u buy a plant test with one cheap shrimp in a container, not ghost shrimp cos they are hardy. if die then the plant must not be use for shrimp tank. Note: The insecticide will not affect fish and will kill shrimps within 1 hours to a week. If you have new plant, just remove it and change least 80% of water. The faster way to save your shrimp is to remove it to another tank without new plant or worst no plant, the shrimp might be able to turn healthy again within 2 hours. Weak one will die. Sign of death, the shrimp is weak, cannot swim but can hold on to anything. Notice it will spin in the water. *Remember not to use snail killer medication in shrimp tank*. Most plant farm use. Haha
Old 24-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #12
zadrian
Dragon

Sorry for the late reply...

I did water changes recently....most shrimps still die, a few larger ones and 1 or 2 CRS & Bee shrimps still survive....

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263746

Thanks for all your advice...
zadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #13
wilsonawt
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadrian View Post
Sorry for the late reply...

I did water changes recently....most shrimps still die, a few larger ones and 1 or 2 CRS & Bee shrimps still survive....

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263746

Thanks for all your advice...
can try cooling down your water, my yamamotos and cherries thrives among mosses and java, also, do install a good filter..it makes a diff.
wilsonawt is offline   Reply With Quote