Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 22-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #11
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafantastic View Post
Wish u good luck in having lesser cacualties
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonIsGreat View Post
All the best man
Thanks bros

Just to update, after the shrimp was shifted to the new 1.5' tank, on the second day found 3 more casuaties... 1 BDS & 2 CRS . But good news is after that last 3 casuaties....all are leaving happily in the tank now.... .
Here is a picture of my tank to share....a rush job.

Last edited by goody992828; 25-08-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 22-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #12
wenjun
Arofanatic

Great to hear that their are doing fine Bro

Condolences to the 3
wenjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
ymmij
Senior Dragon

wow that's scary... hope everything is fine for you now...
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
bettafantastic
Endangered Dragon

Wow neat set up you created in record time
bettafantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #15
icebabys

I was thinking just before the new year about keeping spare filter, chiller and tank jus in case such things happens....

yours is a classic case that drives homes the point..... really must consider man...
Old 23-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #16
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenjun View Post
Great to hear that their are doing fine Bro

Thanks bro
Condolences to the 3
Correction total 6 casuaties....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
wow that's scary... hope everything is fine for you now...
Thanks bro, they are all fine now and infact I start to see some tiny CRS shrimplets this morning, hope they survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafantastic View Post
Wow neat set up you created in record time
Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebabys View Post
I was thinking just before the new year about keeping spare filter, chiller and tank jus in case such things happens....

yours is a classic case that drives homes the point..... really must consider man...
Haha, right but that means you need extra space to keep your spare stuff too... me CO not approve for sure.
Old 24-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
Bluebubble

Just like 2012, must have spare "spaceship" for shrimps just in case castastrophe strike again.
Old 24-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #18
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebubble View Post
Just like 2012, must have spare "spaceship" for shrimps just in case castastrophe strike again.
yeah! right else will end up like me scrambling for spare tanks..... so better be safe than sorry...

found one more casuaties this morning hence total casuaties = 7 heartache)
Old 24-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #19
vernonlcm
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody992828 View Post
yeah! right else will end up like me scrambling for spare tanks..... so better be safe than sorry...

found one more casuaties this morning hence total casuaties = 7 heartache)
That's the problem with shrimps keeping. You never know what's wrong with the water and when is the water very stable. On and off will still have casualty. Mine same problem.

In fact, before my tank had been doing well and even have shrimplets (took many months for my water to get stable). However after I sold off one of my chiller which i test it out for a week to make sure is working fine and then after that i put back my existing chiller to use. This chiller actually stored the water which is from my same tank a week ago. I thought it would be fine as i am using back the same tank water and my nightmare began.

After few hours, many casualty occurs and in time to come (a week), all my crs wipe out leaving only survival is the Sakuras. Very upset. Now just restart back rearing crs and they are doing fine but still have few casualty on and off.
vernonlcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #20
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlcm View Post
That's the problem with shrimps keeping. You never know what's wrong with the water and when is the water very stable. On and off will still have casualty. Mine same problem.

In fact, before my tank had been doing well and even have shrimplets (took many months for my water to get stable). However after I sold off one of my chiller which i test it out for a week to make sure is working fine and then after that i put back my existing chiller to use. This chiller actually stored the water which is from my same tank a week ago. I thought it would be fine as i am using back the same tank water and my nightmare began.

After few hours, many casualty occurs and in time to come (a week), all my crs wipe out leaving only survival is the Sakuras. Very upset. Now just restart back rearing crs and they are doing fine but still have few casualty on and off.
Yeah agreed, that is the challenge for keeping CRS. But well can't blame others for posining us into it... hahha