Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 08-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #11
scubabonks

i just cleared my thank and it seems that the white thingy are gobe for the moment....... but its such a hassle having to cycle the water again...... now the whole tank is brown in colour cause of the ADA soil.....

Its such a hassle........ i threw in an oto and some other sucker fish too..... even threw in some ghost shrimp..... but seems like they were not interested in the whte jelly stuff......
Old 08-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #12
skysky

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabonks View Post
i just cleared my thank and it seems that the white thingy are gobe for the moment....... but its such a hassle having to cycle the water again...... now the whole tank is brown in colour cause of the ADA soil.....

Its such a hassle........ i threw in an oto and some other sucker fish too..... even threw in some ghost shrimp..... but seems like they were not interested in the whte jelly stuff......
An expert here told me that oto wont eat planaria or pods. So last night, i threw in my starve guppy. She finish up all the white dots for me when i woke up in the morning. I can see at the moment i threw the fish in...she starts eating already...only can see her action are like eating something invisible in the water LOL

From now onwards, i have to extra careful..not to overfeed and have any left over food for these bugs to start breeding again. Because by then the shrimps must have given birth to shrimplets...and my guppy can not be left in the tank with them anymore...

So Actually, you dont have recycle because if this, just throw in some small fishes. They will be glad to clean up the mess for you.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
skysky

There is a sticky at another singapore website on this topic. worth taking a look.

Courtesy of AQUATICQUOTIENT

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=14641
Old 08-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
Lala~

Your shrimps pregnant le ar . CONGRATS x)
Old 09-05-2007, 03:57 AM   #15
skysky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala~ View Post
Your shrimps pregnant le ar . CONGRATS x)
hohoho, the 1st pregnant cherry shrimp gave birth just now more to come in 1 or 2 weeks time, because i can see at least another 10 are pregnant too.

Must quickly master cherry then move on to crystal CRS....oh mine ...already so tempted to setup another CRS tank...
Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
scubabonks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysky View Post
An expert here told me that oto wont eat planaria or pods. So last night, i threw in my starve guppy. She finish up all the white dots for me when i woke up in the morning. I can see at the moment i threw the fish in...she starts eating already...only can see her action are like eating something invisible in the water LOL

From now onwards, i have to extra careful..not to overfeed and have any left over food for these bugs to start breeding again. Because by then the shrimps must have given birth to shrimplets...and my guppy can not be left in the tank with them anymore...

So Actually, you dont have recycle because if this, just throw in some small fishes. They will be glad to clean up the mess for you.

Wah.... one of the best advise so far..... will put in a guppy to finish those white thingys