Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 02-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #31
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
Lily a bit aunty aunty, not sure she can win the crowd, though I give my vote to her, not for her pretty face but her big heart. I was told she ride in big car, rich family background. For such a person to come down to the lowest levels of society is something admirable.

Nicole won votes more because of her fresh approach, a young girl daring to take on the establishment for the sake of change for better for the less fortunate, and a promise for more participation by the young. She comes across as a David vs Goliath, a lionheart. I think Nicole will score in the next GE.

At the rate the garment now doing things, there are sparks of garment engagement with changing people's opinion, like the ERP reduction during school hols, more trains, housing build up. I think they are spooked by the results of the GE but still need to put on a confident front. This is politics.
I actually like what LHL is doing to his team, he's a lot more focused than previous PMs. Everytime I look at the Sg skyline, I am reminded he is the guy who put the "fizz" into dull and sterile as hospital Sg. I know many don like him, but everyone has their weaknesses, as long as the guy in power is moving things that result in a better society I wouldn't worry about his bad side. I never liked his father, never will ever, I think LHL will do a much better job, and there will be rising strong opp. I am only disappointed he didn't clear all the dead wood, there's still a lot in his team.
more trains? more bus? ask anyone here if they feel any differenct since the public transport fare went up.

we have singaporean going around looking for ways to get back money from employers who deny them their rightful salary for years and yet our government can do nothing about it. someone would would rather write a letter to save a dog's life and publish it on papers for show then to really do something to help fellow poor singaporeans get their hard earn salary. worse is MOM, Small Claim, MPs etcs all taiji around.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #32
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Lim Boon Heng, a former Cabinet minister and MP for Jurong GRC who left politics before the May General Election, has started recruiting People's Action Party (PAP) activists to join a task force to win the group representation constituency back from the Workers' Party.
Now WP can tell voters in Aljunied, now you vote for us, you have 2 parties to serve you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Looking forward to see what the couple can come out with n the direction for the party.
I hope she has a better vision than Goh. The strategy employed by Goh was stupid! I can't imagine how he decide on who to stand in which ward, it's like, "let's cover as many GRC as we can, and let's hope we win 1".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzylim View Post
more trains? more bus? ask anyone here if they feel any differenct since the public transport fare went up.

we have singaporean going around looking for ways to get back money from employers who deny them their rightful salary for years and yet our government can do nothing about it.
Precisely, no improvement except improvement on profit for e transport companies. It's daylight robbery.

The gov isn't interested in us. Rather than help true blue Singaporeans, they spend millions on foreigners to integrate into our society.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #33
therat
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Now WP can tell voters in Aljunied, now you vote for us, you have 2 parties to serve you.

I hope she has a better vision than Goh. The strategy employed by Goh was stupid! I can't imagine how he decide on who to stand in which ward, it's like, "let's cover as many GRC as we can, and let's hope we win 1".

Precisely, no improvement except improvement on profit for e transport companies. It's daylight robbery.

The gov isn't interested in us. Rather than help true blue Singaporeans, they spend millions on foreigners to integrate into our society.
I remember after the election. Reporter ask him. why he don't field Nicole and the husband and wife partner with him @ Tampines GRC.

He reply is "I did ask them but they prefer that area. I can't force them"
Base on his reply. IMO, I feel that he gone.
He simply cannot control his member.

Last edited by therat; 02-12-2011 at 02:53 PM.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #34
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post
I remember after the election. Reporter ask him. why he don't field Nicole and the husband and wife partner with him @ Tampines GRC.

He simply cannot control his member.
what he had said was opposed to the saying "Never put personal objective above that of a Party"
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #35
loveikan
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=globalcookie;8758140]Now WP can tell voters in Aljunied, now you vote for us, you have 2 parties to serve you.

Yes, his so-called strategy is as good as no strategy at all.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #36
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Nicole Seah... she joined the wrong party. Hope the departure of their leader will help. ....
How she will do will depend on what she does this five years.
So far, she hadnt done much or at least nothing has been reported in the news?

At this rate, its good bye 2016.
Only chance left at this rate is to join PAP.
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #37
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Who is lim boon heng? Who is he to "retake" aljunied? He was not even in the last election and remember him crying on national tv..... Poor mr lim, there went his millions dollars salary.....

If pap is really serious about retaking aljunied, sent 5 heavy weight ministers lah.... If not, just send small fries would only mean pap is not interested in taking back aljunied at all......

Action speaks louder than words..... Talk is free....
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #38
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Maybe LKY to Aljunied GRC in the next election?
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #39
therat
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post

At this rate, its good bye 2016.
Only chance left at this rate is to join PAP.
Don't depend on the newspaper or news.

Even WP, they also didn't cover that.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #40
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post
Precisely. It appears like he isn't serious about the GE, than why waste time? He shd hv just retire from politics before GE.

As party leader, he shd hv the final say. Looking at WP, LTK has very strong control of the party, with Sylvia Lim strongly behind him. They didn't scatter the seeds, they consolidate their best. That's the winning formula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
PAP controlled media will do everything to propell TPL for the smallest thing and media blankout on NS, quite expected. If you are the party's facebook, there are things they have been doing since GE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
Maybe LKY to Aljunied GRC in the next election?
If he is still....
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote