Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #11
spyder79
Dragon

any brother can help improve my tank ?

4ft x18inch x 15inch (ios type)

media 4kg of glass CR . 1/2kg CC , 3 piece biolite

tank currently on cycle with some feeder .

should be housing 5 butterfly gf

is heater needed ?
spyder79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #12
BuTLeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
any brother can help improve my tank ?

4ft x18inch x 15inch (ios type)

media 4kg of glass CR . 1/2kg CC , 3 piece biolite

tank currently on cycle with some feeder .

should be housing 5 butterfly gf

is heater needed ?
heater is not needed .... whats your lighting ? your bioload if fine too .... just change your water regularly ... your setup is good enough ald ... just make sure there is no water current in your tank . you have to do something to your return pipe to prevent this
Old 18-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #13
spyder79
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
heater is not needed .... whats your lighting ? your bioload if fine too .... just change your water regularly ... your setup is good enough ald ... just make sure there is no water current in your tank . you have to do something to your return pipe to prevent this
water current abit hard to to reduce . already using the lowest flow rate pump . dolphin 708 .

the return pipe i just make a u bar from the compartment to the tank to create some current to blow the waste to the filter compartment

any suggestion on how to reduce it . any pic will be good . pump flowrate should be 1300 lph

Last edited by spyder79; 18-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 18-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
BuTLeR

Quote:
water current abit hard to to reduce . already using the lowest flow rate pump . dolphin 708 .

the return pipe i just make a u bar from the compartment to the tank to create some current to blow the waste to the filter compartment
you can try to connect another pipe to face the side of the tank ... 0 current is not possible for filteration setups ... don worry so much about the poo.... at another side can put a sponge filter to consolidate the poo at the side so when water change you can start from there .. and your tank looks cleaner ..

you might wanna try dosing BIOEARTH , good for tank setups like yours and clear up water fast .... good for removing toxins also ...

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=366578 <--more information ,i using this too for my tvr . cheap also
Old 18-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
spyder79
Dragon

Quote:
you can try to connect another pipe to face the side of the tank ... 0 current is not possible for filteration setups ... don worry so much about the poo.... at another side can put a sponge filter to consolidate the poo at the side so when water change you can start from there .. and your tank looks cleaner ..

you might wanna try dosing BIOEARTH , good for tank setups like yours and clear up water fast .... good for removing toxins also ...

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=366578 <--more information ,i using this too for my tvr . cheap also
don understand . any pic ?

i using bioearth too for both of mine tank . dosed abit daily
Old 18-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #16
AroHong

AFC Member

Don't think you can acheive algae wall with gf, algae will end up as poo before the wall can be fully formed, green water more achievable.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #17
BuTLeR

Quote:
don understand . any pic ?

i using bioearth too for both of mine tank . dosed abit daily
meaning the water returning to the tank after filter , you can face the pipe to the wall to cut down current ... you know what is a sponge biological filter using air pump to drive ?
Old 19-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #18
spyder79
Dragon

Quote:
meaning the water returning to the tank after filter , you can face the pipe to the wall to cut down current ... you know what is a sponge biological filter using air pump to drive ?
oh i get what u mean . sponge filter i also have too . tks .

just get back home and see the tank . some of the feeder died , maybe the tank not fully cycled yet .
Old 19-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #19
BuTLeR

Quote:
oh i get what u mean . sponge filter i also have too . tks .

just get back home and see the tank . some of the feeder died , maybe the tank not fully cycled yet .
monitor your PH too.... feeder won't die so easily....
Old 20-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #20
spyder79
Dragon

ph value .

frankly speaking for few year of mine fish rearing . i din really notice or take note of the ph . .maybe i should buy a digital ph moniter for it .

what the best ph for gf ?