Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 12-11-2002, 01:44 PM   #131
newie

if no direct sunlight for min ~4hrs, you will not get green water.. i think you better stick to normal filter..

Quote:
Originally posted by piertiong

hm...3gf, 2lh, with a plastic air cum filter box, can see it in my gallery. and it's not under direct sunlight...very very little sunlight to be exact.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:30 PM   #132
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

how do you compare fishes like Kashino, Shindo, Kawai,furue,asano, tanaka, sakamoto, okabe,nakano and many more. What can you say about them?
GoldfishMadman...by citing these names, it shows you know about Japanese ranchus....just my hunch...am I right??

Like in every school, there are top students, average students and brainless students. Ranchus are the same. You can go to every Japanese breeder, and they will have all three.

The difference is how much are we willing to pay..$500, $1,000, $2000, $ $3000.....and more!

Only way to find out is to make a 'pilgrimage' to the mecca of Ranchus, the All Japan Ranchu Show. You will see all these breeders at one go.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:44 PM   #133
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Check this out

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...728#post483728
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...threadid=35539
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...threadid=35540

This is to protect Singaporean for being con by others
Yea...right!!
Old 12-11-2002, 09:49 PM   #134
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamad
Thanks for helping me! Here is the info you asked for:
- The tank gets an average of 3 hours of direct sun daily, from 6:30-9:30. After that indirect sun due to a tree in front of the window.
- The tank is around 5-6x2feet, 380liters.
- Right now I have 6 Goldfish, 4 will be replaced with the new ranchus I'm getting.
- I am using 4 filters [Fluval 403, Fluval 303, Aquaclear 2000, and Trio 3000].
- The tank is glass.

By the way, I am thinking instead of making this tank green [because it's glass and might not look good] maybe try to get a tub and split my fish between the tank and tub?

Keep asking brother...we all learn when we see your questions!!
Old 12-11-2002, 09:51 PM   #135
AeroKing

Cool

Quote:
I was thinking of keeping one in each of these tubs. I think for the new Ranchus I will add them to the aquarium and not the tubs - in the tubs I will add the other smaller fish I was planning to give away. This way when I add the Ranchus in the future I will have more experience and won't risk their lives.

Now what I'm worried about is the brown algae in the glass tank, so far it's not causing the fish any trouble but I'm scared maybe in the future? BTW the water is clear, it's only on hard surfaces - the fish keep eating it every now and then.

As for the lamp, I'll write down the info you have under the picture in your gallery and will go to stores and ask for it.
Hamad,

Rule of thumb...70 litres to one fish. Size of tub does not matter as long as water level is kept within 8-10 inches in depth.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:54 PM   #136
AeroKing

Angry Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Choosing Ranchus

Quote:

I don't think the $30 is Jap Ranchu. For Black Ranchu is best get al black. A good black ranchu eyes are covered. from top to the bottom is all black. Not yelllow or white. Don't Worried about the Head can grow.
Yes...30,000 yen, maybe!
Old 13-11-2002, 12:09 AM   #137
Hamad

Quote:
Originally posted by AeroKing

Keep asking brother...we all learn when we see your questions!!
I'm glad that my questions aren't annoying members around here Also thanks bro for your advice on tubs.

I'm planning to keep one fish in each of these tubs I got, but now I'm trying to get the lamp to get the green water. I wish if I can keep them outdoors but lots of cats and they spray a lot of chemicals to kill insects so most likely the fish won't survive.
Old 13-11-2002, 12:37 AM   #138
AeroKing

Thumbs up

Quote:

I'm glad that my questions aren't annoying members around here Also thanks bro for your advice on tubs.

I'm planning to keep one fish in each of these tubs I got, but now I'm trying to get the lamp to get the green water. I wish if I can keep them outdoors but lots of cats and they spray a lot of chemicals to kill insects so most likely the fish won't survive.
You should look for a 150 watt metal-halid lamp that has a ultra violet bulb of 10K. Brand is Aquamedic from Germany. Put it approx. 14 inches above the water and keep it on using a timer for approx. 8 hrs a day. After 2 water changes (1 change every 4-5 days) , you should see the green water. It will first turn milky during the first 4 days, and green the the next 4. Usually it takes 8-10 days to cultivate your 1st green!

Good luck!
Old 13-11-2002, 01:36 AM   #139
rayL

But how this green water looks like? Anyone got pics? Isit like those in the concrete tanks in fish farms?
Old 13-11-2002, 10:01 AM   #140
Hamad

Yes I believe so, I have seen a picture of it in a site but they don't have it there anymore and it looks like that dirty-looking green water in some ponds.