Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 19-12-2004, 04:22 AM   #91
monsterz1975

Don think there will be any ans.
Old 19-12-2004, 02:01 PM   #92
nicky30092002

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro
Saw this "Aquapharm" nick appearing quite a few times, but no clarification was done!
ha i saw it too .. looks like either a newguy CHOOSE a wrong nick or aquaph checkin on how to counter the situation ..
or quietly hopin it will be all forgotten .. btw tat guy already actin nothin happened/said here liao ...
Old 19-12-2004, 02:13 PM   #93
devilfire

guys, come n think of it, we shd always give the service provider a chance 2 explain.

maybe n maybe, they feel tat now it's not the time.

maybe n maybe, they hav 2 plan carefully in their explanation as 1 has 2 b tactful when such incidents happen.

maybe n maybe, they r sorting out their evidence 2 prove the whole situation.

so let's wait patiently.
Old 19-12-2004, 02:17 PM   #94
SGRay

aquapharm may never come out to clarify if they indeed are guilty. WHich seems to be the case here as aquapharm never defended or commented about the situation. Not once. If it is so, then it is rather clear that Matt Boyd is citing facts and not slandering.
Old 19-12-2004, 02:21 PM   #95
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRay
aquapharm may never come out to clarify if they indeed are guilty. WHich seems to be the case here as aquapharm never defended or commented about the situation. Not once. If it is so, then it is rather clear that Matt Boyd is citing facts and not slandering.
i believe in wat matt had said. but tat was wat happened on his side.
aquapharm might experienced a slightly different situation.

so aquapharm, if u r reading tis, pls come out here the soonest rather then later. every 1 is waiting anxiously.
Old 22-12-2004, 06:10 AM   #96
MDPinUSA

Default Counterfeit goods!

To the web master/administrator of this site.

This is not slander or accusation. The following are concerns and information offered to clarify concerns on this site as well as in Singapore.

This is my first post and I wish to remain a welcome member of this web community.

Hello. I am Michael Del Prete the CEO of Aqua Craft, Inc. from the USA. We produce Marine Environment, Coral Marine and other marine related items.

I have received emails during the last few months from concerned hobbyists in S'pore regarding the validity of items with our trade marks, however packaged in different packages from what we show on our web site and offer.

I have read all posts on this thread with concerns about Boyd Enterprises, Two Little Fishes items as well as Aqua Craft, Inc. items. I believe there are some very real concerns expressed in this forum.

1) Marine Environment is offered in 25 US gallon/100 L, 50 US gallon / 200 L, 150 US gallon / 600L and 1000K packages for use in public aquariums. The same with Coral Marine.

We have in the past sold Magic Laser / Aqua Pharm our salts and supplements. It came to our attention that they introduced our items with great success. -- They (Magic Laser / Aqua Pharm) then designed packages without our authorization and repackaged our products.

On 12 July, 2004, the legal firm of Tan & Au sent Aqua Craft, Inc. a binding document that indicated Magic Laser / AquaPharm would no longer repackage any of our items. We were assured that all exisiting empty packages would be returned to us.

It took several phone calls and emails to Magic Laser / AquaPharm requesting them to honour their legal committment to surrender any and all packages that had the Aqua Craft, Inc. name, and/or all packages that used any of our registered trade marks... such as Marine Environment and Coral Marine.

After 2+ months of emails and phone calls, I ended up contacting their legal council, Tan & Au (phone 6221 2821). Only after I sent a message to Tan & Au did I receive a "hand full" of unauthorized packages with our brand names.

In the last week I have received several emails from concerned hobbyists in Singapore. Our email is: info@aquacraft.net (Thank you, the hobbyists that took the time to contact me directly).

Each person was asking if the goods sold with our brand names, found in unfamiliar packages, as to what we advertise and produce was indeed something we manufactured?

This situation is still under investigation. I have contacted both Magic Laser / AquaPharm as well as Tan & Au asking for clairification regarding this most confusing situation.

I will advise this group as information surfaces.

As for Boyd Enterprises in the USA. I have had recent communication with them regarding the likelyhood of their items being counterfeited and sold into the S'pore market in packages similar to theirs, with unauthorized use of their trade marks and copyrighted text.

It appears that "someone" in Singapore has in fact imported several quality brands from the USA. This "company" did a good job introducing these items to the S'pore market.

After the items were introduced with good success, this "company" designed packages that were never authorized by the manufacturing companies in the USA.

The actual goods were repackaged into the unauthorized Singapore designed packages and sold into the market, for a brief period of time.

It is believed that after the original goods with the new packages were starting to be recogonized....this "company" then introduced sub standard goods (country of origin is unknown) into the new packages that were starting to be recogonized.

The above is what is believed by several US based companies that are now starting legal action against this "company".

It is believed that this Singapore based company is also vending these items into: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, etc. If this is true, this is a gross violation of international trade mark regulations.

As soon as I learn exactly what develops regarding the other US based manufacturers, I will offer facts as they become available.

As for Melvin Weishan.... I have never heard of him. As for using copy cat or counterfeit goods.... DON'T DO IT!

Anyone that indicates that a copy cat items work, is either: a) Hiding a vested interest in a counterfeit item they may or may not vend. b) Has no regard for the quality, integrity or concerns of the actual trade mark holders. c) Is living on Dream Street.

Is the Marine Environment and Coral Marine being sold in boxes vs. the packages we show on our site real? I don't think so, considering we asked for all packages to be returned to us in July 2004, received a few packages in Sept. 2004 and have not received an order from Magic Laser / Aqua Pharm for many months.

Again, I will advise interested individuals what information, if any, has been forwarded to us by Magic Laser / AquaPharm and/or Tan & Au.

Genuine Marine Environment is sold in a special bag with international instructions on the back. Each factory sealed package of ME salts mixes at SG 1.026 to Ca of 445-450 ppm with an alk. of 11.

All Aqua Craft, Inc. salts are produced with the 13045 PROCESS. This produces a white coloured salt mixture that mixes quickly with clean fresh water, without residue, nitrates, silicates, phosphates, heavy metals.

The one reason counterfeit goods and low end operators are tolerated is because they can sell items CHEAP. We all get what we pay for. I am well aquainted with the Singapore market as well as the basic business approach in SE Asia. For the most part it is all about cost...cheaper.. cheaper.....

It is possible that someone in S'pore has developed a market for quality US made goods, then placed sub standard contents into "look-alike" packages... then selling them for top dollar.

If this is the case, the person or persons doing this are grafting illegal funds and misleading the buying public. Please note... this has not been established, yet.

It is the better informed individuals with concerns about their hobby/investment that are the ones that express concerns and keep our hobby and business growing in a positive direction. Thanks to these people this situation has come to light.

At this time, Aqua Craft, Inc. is not pointing any fingers at anyone in Singapore regarding this matter until asked for information has been offered in a timely manner.

Again, for the time being.... be advised and use caution to avoid ANY internationally recogonized brand item, especially if produced in the USA that you have concerns that might be a counterfeit made in China and/or repackaged in Singapore with contents of unknown origin.

Please, the jury is still out with this case. Lets all remain calm. Perhaps there is a very simple and honest explaination for this situation? Perhaps not. I have requested from Magic Laser / AquaPharm as well as Tan & Au a faxed, then mailed document to be received by me within 5 working days. That would be 26 Dec. 2004.

What a way to celebrate the holidays and bring in the new gweilo year.

Cheers. Michael Del Prete CEO Aqua Craft, Inc. USA
Old 22-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #97
Ekia

This is getting more interesting. Didn't know there are 2 brands of salt with the same name around in LFS. Always thought Marine Environment is by Aquacraft. Seems like the truth is almost out... this company is not only based in SG(which most of us dun mind) but also copying a lot of US products and as a result most of us were buying the wrong products.

No wonder devilfire keep telling us there's aquapharm salt when we always assume Marine Environment is by Aquacraft. devilfire, I really admire your sharpness in details. You really should work as a detective.
Old 23-12-2004, 02:18 AM   #98
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
No wonder devilfire keep telling us there's aquapharm salt when we always assume Marine Environment is by Aquacraft. devilfire, I really admire your sharpness in details. You really should work as a detective.
i was oso quite surprise tat most of u guys didnt notice....cant blame any 1 as the brand is hidden n rather small..
Old 23-12-2004, 02:23 AM   #99
nitro

Default Packaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
i was oso quite surprise tat most of u guys didnt notice....cant blame any 1 as the brand is hidden n rather small..
Went to a shop to take a look at the two brands. It is really not very obvious!

That shop didn't know about this hot issue here.
Old 23-12-2004, 02:44 AM   #100
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro
Went to a shop to take a look at the two brands. It is really not very obvious!

That shop didn't know about this hot issue here.
which shop?