Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 17-12-2004, 07:09 PM   #81
Ekia

I'm lost... whats 25 kid... haha...

Anyway, there is one person in this forum who should know the whole story and can clarify with us. But sadly, he decided not to say anymore. I'm sure u guys know who he is.
Old 17-12-2004, 07:19 PM   #82
nicky30092002

the guilty ones of cos !!! haha .. and I can't believe they can act blur/pretent nothing happened ..
Old 18-12-2004, 12:23 AM   #83
Chemifish

Default Chemifish - identity

Greetings,

I am here first of all to help clarify who I am. Some of you may already know as my identity has already been posted in SRC. My name is Matthew Boyd, one of three sons of the late Dick Boyd. If any of my remarks or statements on this forum offended anyone by the way I put my informatin out there I apologize to those arofanatic members. I'm sure you can all understand that this isn't just a business I am involved it, it is my fathers LEGACY! Many people over the years have stolent ideas, pictures and etc from our father. So still today we fight any kind of such disrespect to our father with passion. We try at Boyd to always live up to his level of excellence and pride in the products we produce. We purposely have never flooded the market with new products to try and always make sure they were a step above anythign else out there.

I am telling you this as I promised the admin of this board I would try to clear things up and also let you know exactly who I was from my own mouth. I know some may think I could be liable or the company for any statements I've already made. You are right that a person could be liable for any statements which are not true and could directly affect sales from a company. However that would only be the case if my statments weren't 'True'! MANY OF YOU HAVE ALREADY NOTICED THAT WHAT I'VE SAID SO FAR IS OCMPLETELY TRUE! Any facts independently found so far by board membes has only backed up what I have to say so far!

Now I will hopefully clear up the story regarding Aquapharm in case anyone out there is still confused. I am numbering each bit of information to give kind of time line or sequence of events as they happened.

1. About 4 years ago we here at Boyd started selling our products exclusively to MagicLaser, run by John Ong. We have give exclusive rights to singapore and only redirected inquiries to him regarding our products in Singapore.

2. About 2 years ago, just prior to the previous Aquarama 2003, MagicLaser(John Ong), stopped ordering or deciding to even keep in contact with us at Boyd. A normal thing if a business has possibly gone out of business!

3. Immediately after Aquarama 2003 one of our Distributors in Asia called us regarding a company who he thought was stealing our trademark named or at least part of it, "Chemi-pure". What he found was an ad Aquapharm had placed in the Aqurama 2003 show booklet, which advertised at the time three products, 'Chemi-pond, Chemi-marine, and Chemi-fresh,' All of which under singapore trademark law were causing trademark infrindgement on our Chemi-pure product.

4. Immediately we investigated to find out who was Aquapharm. All we had to go on was an email address that was on the ad. Their actual webpage had not been put up at that time. I got an email back from the company, and the person whom the email was registered was 'John Ong'. We knew right there and then that MagicLaser had stopped ordering from us, because he decided to make a competing product, which is fine, just don't try to steal our NAME!!

5. After some more investigation we found that MagicLaser, John Ong is partners with AAP Marketing PTe. Ltd. in their 'Aquapharm' business venture together. AAP marketing is also in Singapore!

6. AAP Marketing who owns Aquapharm, tried to file a trademark for Chemi-pond, which is till in production. We immediately filed an opposition to such a claim, AAP Marketing decided to immediately withdraw any such claim for a trademark in Singapore. (Would a supposed US company apply for a trademark only in singapore?)

7. Through the course of all that has happened Aqupharm(AAP marketing) decided to drop two of the orginial products, Chemi-marine and Chemi-fresh, and instead replaced them with Pur II!! (if you came out with a new product which could stand on it's own, wouldn't you try to give it an original name?)

8. So now we are here, as we stand. Aquapharm is still producing products which are confusing to the comsumer. Not just products in competition to us, but other US quality made products.

--- FYI, even though we thoroughly trained MagicLaser, John Ong, on all of our products and especially Chemi-pure, he was never given any information as to what carbons or resins we use to make our Chemi-pure product. Nor was he shared any confidential information on HOW the product is made. We use a very special process when putting the Chemi-pure product together, without which some of the ingredients in the product become dead and no longer work to do their intended job. So even if he found out what our exact ingredients are, he still does not know how to properly put the product together! This is one reason among others as to why our Chemi-pure product as been the leading filter medium of it's kind for over 50 YEARS!!

--- For those of you who think their products are competitively priced. Are they rasiing prices to around the same cost of other products which have to deal with shipping costs from the US? If so this means they are actually putting a TON of money into their own pockets on any products they make. Why? because they have lower costs in bringing the product to market because it's locally produced!! I know our product Chemi-pure is cheaper when bought here in the US. But unfortunatley with shipping costs is more expensive overseas.

I hope this has cleared up some information for anyone out there who was confused at all. Perhaps Aquapharm hasn't put anything on here to defend themselves and give PROOF! Simply because they CAN'T!!! All of you have already seen from your own research that something is definitely wrong with that company! Buyer be ware, I know I wouldn't put anything into my own reef tank if the company looks like it is using deceptive business practices, because if a company uses such practices against other companies, are they really looking out for your tank, using quality control and etc??

Passionatey,
Matthew Boyd
Boyd Enterprises, Inc.
www.boydenterprisesonline.com
Old 18-12-2004, 01:21 AM   #84
devilfire

i believe u simply b cos ppl in their right frame of mind would not go 2 such extend 2 reveal the truth when they know wat they said is not true, 4 the consequences is unbearable 4 the normal being.

nice name they gave 2 their new product " pur 2 ". the "2" sounds like an improved version of the 1st-chemi pure.
Old 18-12-2004, 01:23 AM   #85
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
I'm lost... whats 25 kid... haha...

Anyway, there is one person in this forum who should know the whole story and can clarify with us. But sadly, he decided not to say anymore. I'm sure u guys know who he is.
25(two five, not twenty five) kid is 1 who likes 2 go ard telling stories, whether they r true or not.
Old 18-12-2004, 03:27 AM   #86
SGRay

looks like the truth is out.. Matthew, shouldn't you be taking legal actions?? can you?
Old 19-12-2004, 12:53 AM   #87
Chemifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRay
looks like the truth is out.. Matthew, shouldn't you be taking legal actions?? can you?
Yes we can, as well as other companies who are having their products trademarks and etc misused by Aquapharm! Singapore has similiar 'common law' rights given to trademarks as we do here in the US and gives those companies a legal leg to stand on within Singapore. However a lot of companies will not take the expense to do any legal action if it will cost them too much money to pursue. Some aren't willing to take the risk that they might not be able to recover any such costs in a lawsuit. Or that sometimes the cost of the legal actions will be greater than any kind of settlement given in a judges decision.

If you are interested in us taking legal action in order to properly give them a 'slap on the wrist' so to speak, then the easiest way to do that is for an informed consumer to by word of mouth let other conscientious aquarists know what is going on and give them suggestions to alternative products to purchase instead. If other individuals who are thinking of doing dishonest business practices see the backlash on another company, then perhaps it will help discourage and prevent someone else from committing similar dishonest practices.

regards,
Matthew Boyd
Old 19-12-2004, 01:10 AM   #88
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

I would advise the rest of us end consumers not to speculate on this matter publicly until Aquapharm come out and clarify. This is a sensitive issue and may end up in a legal lawsuit so lets just wait for Aquapharm's reply.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2004, 01:13 AM   #89
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™
I would advise the rest of us end consumers not to speculate on this matter publicly until Aquapharm come out and clarify. This is a sensitive issue and may end up in a legal lawsuit so lets just wait for Aquapharm's reply.
funny..y would they need such a long time?
Old 19-12-2004, 01:22 AM   #90
nitro

Default Aquapharm

Saw this "Aquapharm" nick appearing quite a few times, but no clarification was done!