View Single Post
Old 30-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
DraVen

not sure if i should post this here. but at least it's better than starting a new thread rite?

anyway some of my cherries just got pregnant, and they are staying high up on my BW. before they got pregnant, they are ok with staying in the foreground.

is this normal? are they trying to stay high and close to surface for some reasons? i asked this because my first pregnant cherry died during on the second day. she was spotted on the BW on the first day. i was thinking it was because the tank was new, and the tank was not properly cycled.

a month without pregnancy later, i saw eggs dangling on my BW on two seperate occasions, which later i quarrentined my boraras, as i feel that maybe the shrimps are not comfortable with them.

therefore after three failures, i decided i should get more opinion on my tank. currently my tank has a pH of around 6.2-6.6, ammonia level is low, and water temp is around 28.8. no other info on water perimeters are available.

my 1 foot tank onli have 8 cherries, java moss on BW, USF on wire mesh, 2 charcoal bamboo, old sea mud rock and a moss ball. running on a HOF.

thanx