Thread: Koi Kichi
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #78
Dragon Fish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteice
OMG, are they that bad? All of them are jap many of which are from Nippon. When I bought them 8 years ago, never even heard of Thai Kois in the market. Only Jap and Taiwanese (from market) and maybe malaysian.

The Golden Orgon was bought for 600 when it was 1 ft long. Came from a japanese farm that prided itself with a pure strain that guranteed that no red spots would appear. If you are conversant with the Golden Orgon, many suffer from red specks that marr the fish. The piece I have was sold with a guarantee that no red specks would appear. Now at ard 2 1/2 ft long, it is still pure golden.

The Black Showa was given to me FOC by the dealer that sold me a Tancho. The Tancho was real nice, the red marking covered nearly the entire head and was resonably round. Body was more white than yellow too. Paid 950 for the tancho but it died the next day it was transfered to my tank due to poor aclimatisation. (Raining that day). Since the dealer was the one who handled the transfer, he gave me the Showo FOC as goodwill.
I fully agree.

The yamabuki ogon was simply awesome.

The kohaku are solid and the showa was fabulous !!!!

Just my 2 cents.
Dragon Fish is offline   Reply With Quote