View Single Post
Old 21-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #13
Ovarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
ya bro. do not push blame 100% to LFS. like all bros whom have said.

FYI, i know of this bro whom is extremely experienced in keeping altums few years back. got a batch from him. what he mentioned about fin root is, altums having fin rot is "part and parcel" and depending on how serious and how well conditioned u have in ur tank and also how u do treatment. he taught me some method of it and he say so far his purchase always only have 10% max casualty rates due to fin rots. his altums survived with me for almost 1 year last time before they kenna disease and die off.

so do take note. in doubts just post and ask. but do a search before u post as well. there are tonnes of resources online and from pass years posting on illlness etc...
The fish batch of altum i brought from another LFS has NO finrot. May be you can accept sick fish but i don't. The problem is the display bag they show has 5 Altum wrapped with one plastic bag. You can see through clearly that they are healthy with no finrot. When they pack for you, it was wrapped with double plastic bag which can't see clearly.

The question is why are they selling sick Altum in the first place. Shouldn;t they catch only the healthy one for you since we are not able to choose or see? Why didn;t they ask whether i can accept sick altum. The conclusion is they are just dishonest or simply don't care.