View Single Post
Old 29-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #7
Royston
Dragon

My posting was interrupted due to a disaster I come to realise near the end of planting but that posting will come later.

Anyway back to my set up after pouring the ADA ammzonia into the tank and creating a slope comes to the part where some like me will most definitely screw up. Which is the adding of an amount of water for planting.

Many a times we have learn from our masters in youtube or books that easiest way to plant is to have a low level of water just enough to cover the substrate. So how low is low(foreground low ? mid low? or background plants low?) not 1 master have mentioned if our substrate is in a slope does it mean we have to tilt our tank (please do not tilt your tank). Here I will share my "secrets" of how to do it.

1st is to add a small amount just enough to cover the foreground area for planting in the foreground all your glosso, monte carlo, HC etc. But I am using Hydrocotyle tripartita (japan), alternanthera reineckii "mini" and of cause my favourite elatine triandra (aka ah pek plant). Follow by adding somemore water till it reaches your midground level to plant your mid follow by your background as the last. Another tip to remember is that plastic bags are your best friends when adding water to the tank.

After almost 5hrs of doing planting and adding water not even taking a min of rest this is the result of my work.

Taken with my living room only lights the same min I completed the adding of water with scums and wood flooding thanks to ada amazonia.

This is after the initial clean up.
Royston is offline   Reply With Quote