View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #17
BlackTribal

Quote:
Originally Posted by issacyeo View Post
thanks for the very good information. i've gotten my first pair of motoro rays for almost 1week+.

my question is how do i mp-train them? they seem disinterested in mp, but keep hunting down live feeders (mini catfishes).

also, there are quite a variety of prawns in the market, which are the types to feed rays and aros?
Hw big is ur rays? make sure the cut mps are smaller than the ray's mouth. Since they hunting live means they are healthy, let them finish the feeders in the tank then stop putting anymore live feeders in tank.

Pups are generally quite easier to train mp diet, however there will be some stubborn ones. Since u hav 2 rays, so as long one of them start to eat mp the other will most likely to follow suit. First 1 - 3 days they may starve a little, tat's common ... juz be patient.

Any small to medium prawns is fine, most import is fresh then portion it to a few servings (3 - 4 servings recommended) keep in fridge, the rest in freezer. Tis is assuming u feed twice a day for ur pups. I feed my rays & aros frozen tiger prawns.

Note: make sure they hav a hump on the back fm the previous last fed meal before commencing mp training. If u think rays are too skinny top & underbelly, it's best to bulk them up a little first.

Spent some time whenever free to observe them & their routine. They will aso recog the owner and know food is coming Mine will all fly up whenever I approached the tank wif food tray, even those resting on the bottom.