View Single Post
Old 19-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
Crazy Pacu
Dragon

Can somebody enlighten me on this aspect of the bidding system:

If the winner of the bid backs out, remain uncontactable, will the fish goes to the 2nd highest bid? if yes, this may lead to an unethical approach to win the bid. Mr A has the current highest bid. Mr B wants the fish and bids $10 more than Mr A. He then goes on to use another account or perhaps get his fren to bid a out of this world price...something that will most likely get the fish.

On collection day, the winner disappears.The seller, all ready to get rid of the fish, decides to just offer it to the 2nd highest bidder Mr B...cos he cant be bothered to go thru the bidding all over again.

No doubt the bidder is suppose to provide contact no. but it can always be fake, unless the seller bothers to call every bidder to authenticate b4 bidding ends .

This leads us to wonder whether the seller should allow pple to bid below the current highest price. Often we see in threads that if one person bid 50, the next person who comes along and bid 45 is soon being reminded that the current bid is 50 and his bid should be higher than that...

i feel that everyone should be able to offer their own price and not be restricted by the current highest price. In this way, should the buyer backs out last min, at least the seller wun be stuck with the fish. Also, the bidders can bid freely and are not constrained by the fact that the price they can offer has already been exceeded and they can only offer higher prices.

Hope the scenario i created is not giving any body ideas.