View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #8
spidy

1. Make sure you have an aerated bottom drain put in your FGT...

Noted. But since it is not a large pond with the air bubble coming to the surface the visibility of the fishes will be impacted. Is it ok to connect timer so that the aeration will be on only say mid-night to 6am ?

2. Tangential returns....

Tangential return. My current pond has a tangential return and it is position at the middle of the length of the pond. You mentioned 4 corner, would it introduce too much current ? Where is the best position for this ? Few inches below the water surface or from the bottom of the pond ?

3. Surface skimmer.

Thinking of a floating type surface skimmer as it will be easier to "stop" it during feeding. Something like boyu SCL-2500

4. Compact filtration is very possible!...

As for pressurise filter, I am thinking of getting what is available in Singapore store just in case I need warranty claim or support.
Am looking at 2 brand "Laguna pressure flo 8000" or "SICCE Green reset 40"
The other system that I liked alot based on what I see on the internet is "Aqua Ultima" but it seems like nobody carry this locally.

May consider importing the zakki shower since there is no motor or any complex parts. Can you share the contacts of the supplier you customise yours from ?
So my thinking is bottom drain -> "laguna" -> pump -> zakki shower.

Has anyone uses any of the products I mentioned above ? Any feedback most appreciated.
spidy is offline   Reply With Quote