View Single Post
Old 23-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #29
llewellyn
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Add sodium bicar is a v simple yet best option to maintain ph but most make it sound so tedious. Just add daily or alternate days. the dosage one hv to est based on the bioload. It is not harmful to fish and will not affect the texture of water.

Why cc or oyster shell are not recommended for amazon fishes. Just go google wat will calcium do to water u shld kn the ans.

Just remember there is no short cut if one want to keep the fishes happy and healthy. Eating fishes may not be healthy fishes
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
All my aquarium are without CC and OS. I only use sodium bicarbonate. Just take my 5 x 2.5 x 2.5 tank. I have aro, stingrays, pleco, catfishs, tigers and ...
I change water every two days, for every water change of 50% to 60%, I will add 5 teaspoons. pH maintain at 7.0.

CC, OS and sodium bicarbonate, They are just diff form of carbonate (KH). CC and OS contain calcium bicarbonate and disintegrate at diff rate.

Sodium bicarbonate, max pH 8.4
Calcium carbonate, max pH 9.4

By the way, is there any household getting NEWwater directly?
I need to consult you two sifu...
How to maintain the pH constantly using baking soda huh ?
I dose in the morning, at night drop 1pH value already.
If I forgot to dose at night, next day pH dropped another value...
The only way I can think of is mix with water and use a dripper 24 hrs dripping non stop to main constant pH...
Water change every two days, around 60% too.
But bioload is very high, 1kg mp, 30 baby squid daily...
I feed alot.
Please advice.
Thank you.
llewellyn is offline   Reply With Quote