View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #24
reddi
Senior Dragon

ok.. i think there are 2 different senario here.

when i bought the fish from AB, i just confirmed with the lfs/transhipper whether the shipment date as mentioned to me by the AB seller is correct. then on the day i just go over to collect the fish and pay sg15.

i guess when alvin and the rest made the query to the lfs, i think you all gave them the impression that you are importing in the fishes and you are buying from thai sellers direct and hence the need for permit and ava clearance and etc. and they are acting as your transhipper.

but in my case, this lfs are already expecting their own shipment of fishes from thailand in which the shipping cost has been settled between them and their own thai supplier/seller together with their own paper works. it is just that the AB seller in thailand is sort of a friend to that thai supplier/seller and knows that there is enough space for him to "tumpang" the fish into sg. most likely he will pay that supplier/seller some fees just like the service fee i pay to mainland.

otherwise the price is too high and they wont be able to sell the fish. likewise i think this is how they send the fishes to US buyers cos they will wait for the next big shipment of fishes that is being sent.
reddi is offline   Reply With Quote