View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 02:25 AM   #27
hiisoka
Dragon

Exclamation

Got a couple of bettas to keep for fun nowadays after a long hiatus.

Heard alot of interesting things and wonder if it's true. But specifically on fin cutting for comps.

I heard now we've got people offering professional "grooming" services a nicer term for trimming the fins for fishes taking part in comps. And openly accepted as a norm too. Plus also some of these fishes not only dont get DQ but get category champions even grand champion.
And even advertising the service and credentials proudly.
Maybe im old fashioned and thats the trend nowadays, morals, ethics,cruelty to animals notwithstanding.

I wonder if any judges can / cannot tell if it's a trimmed fish nowadays? Or the stand of comp organizers on this? Very curious how the hobby evolve into the current state. Especially from all that was said years ago. I know things change but instead of progression we got a regression. I wonder what is the catalyst.

But of course probably no one cares about all this anymore. The people who did probably all left. And its a ghost town here. But i thought i'll try my luck to elicit a response since the forum is still intact and im feeling nostalgic. Also to see if theres any old ghosts wandering in here like me.
hiisoka is offline   Reply With Quote