View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #63
cavallino
Administrator

The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence.
-- John F. Kennedy

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
-- Abraham Lincoln

I love drugs, but I hate hangovers, and the hatred of the hangover wins by a landslide every time.
-- Margaret Cho

If you go in for argument, take care of your temper. Your logic, if you have any, will take care of itself.
-- Joseph Farrell

Drink nothing without seeing it; sign nothing without reading it.
-- Spanish Proverb

Don't be sweet, lest you be eaten up; don't be bitter, lest you be spewed out.
-- Jewish Proverb

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
-- Booker T. Washington

When you really trust someone, you have to be okay with not understanding some things.
-- Real Live Preacher

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph.
-- Shirley Temple

be find the right partner, first you have to BE the right partner...

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
-- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

It is only prudent never to place complete confidence in that by which we have even once been deceived.
-- Rene Descartes, 'Meditations'

There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all.
-- Robert Orben

Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.
-- Elmer G. Letterman

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
-- Henry Kissinger

One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.
-- Will Durant

Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
-- Peter Drucker

Last edited by tweety bird; 31-10-2008 at 02:10 PM.
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote