View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #10
tuajia
Arofanatic

Hi bros. I know this is a common question so i already did some reading but still hoping for some advice. I bought a 5" teugelsi and realised too late that it had the infamous bichir worms. I stupidly quarantined it with another palmas and del until ALL were infected. So I isolated all of them and I did my reading up on the other Bichir threads for medication. Saw many people recommend Tetra Parasite Guard or Jungle Labs, but seems Tetra bought Jungle Labs and then discontinued the product?? I also read on other sites that Prazi Gold is carcinogenbic. So in the end I just used Interpet Anti Parasite

Anyway... Fast forward 1.5 months, both the Palmas and the Del are ok and released into main tank but this teugelsi is still infected (still got about maybe 3-4 worms on his head). He looks ok though, good appetite and very active. Any other medication that can help? Thanks for the advice bros.

PS: If anyone knows where to buy more teugelsi, please let me know. I really love the look of the very first teugelsi which i bought by accident at C328. It had the most beautiful deep rusty red sheen on the whole body but sadly died from the worms. Don't know why but i have bought 2 teugelsi so far, and both were badly infected. Is it very common on teugelsi?? All my other 6 bichirs were worm free when i got them
tuajia is offline   Reply With Quote