View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
wandaywang
Arofanatic

Talking betta hammock or bed help please

Hi guys, wondering if any of you have ever made your own betta hammock or other kind of resting spot near the surface for your fish?

I've noticed my bettas have always liked to sleep right at the surface of the water and pretty much just slack around lying on something near the surface during the day.

Online i've seen products like a betta leaf bed and floating log, but i've also seen that some people overseas have connected silk plants to suction cups or made a hollow roll with plastic netting or weighed down a halved styrofoam cup.

Have any of you had experience making a betta hammock with materials in singapore? I have a 3foot community tank that i plan to make into a betta tank, so im trying to figure out how i can make natural looking resting spots for the fish along the surface of the tank. currently i have one fancy betta who is the laziest one i have ever had, he sits in the bottom of velcro's himself to the top of the piping from the cannister filter near the surface. So i would like to give him a natural space and create natural spaces for the other betta brothers that will eventually join him.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts, thanks!
wandaywang is offline   Reply With Quote