Thread: Chendol lobang.
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #80
globalcookie
Dragon

Just went Melaka over the weekend and tried 3 chendol stalls at a go...

First stall is my favorite. Number One Kopitiam. The stop is on the left side, directly opposite the famous chicken rice shop (not farmosa). A bowl cost RM4. Gula melaka taste nice and right, not artificially sweeten with white sugar like others.

Second stall tried was that famous stall among Singaporeans.... Jonker 88. A bowl cost RM4.25 (0.25 being gst). Ok, so, it was famous, very well liked... gula melaka was gluey to a fault and taste artificially sweet (likely white sugar added). Gula melaka taste was faint and lacking. So it's good? Maybe perceived value goes up when everyone says it's good or when you got to go thru some inconvenience for it. Not me.

Third stall was that Farmosa shop. A bowl cost RM5 but it's pathetic!!! I struggled to swallow simply because I hate wasting food. It was wasted calories, total crap, NO gula melaka taste, coconut milk was in shortage, chendol worm was frozen like (hard and icy due to the cold bowl). It's a disaster to chendol!!! Seriously, is this crap even, chendol????

Regretted it! RM0.50 I also won't be keen. I even dare to think, if Lorkon eat this he will curse and swear. Maybe even throw the whole bowl than force down his throat.

globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote