View Single Post
Old 20-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #62
satan_gal
Dragon

Which after all it ends, bring us back to sq one

The breeder.

Every breeder might have in mind what a "perfect" BD would look, and try to breed as closely to their idea of perfection as possible.

Bearing in mind most rays as pups will develop and might have change in markings as they grow, I would say, a "BD" pup might not develop into a BD, external factors aside.

Even WC rays, u can't b sure, till they are of a Gd size and maturity. Who's to say pups might not have runts?

I personally think, as a buyer who would b paying 10k per ray at least, I would prefer to talk to the breeder and understand his objective. I seriously will b quite turned off if a breeder has no inclination on what he's breeding, or the parentage of the rays!

In fact I do think the upcoming ray competition may be a Gd starting ground to have a feel of how parentage might affect their offsprings, and mayharp start a pedigree chart or some interfarm breeding project to expand our local breeding stock?

Which I must say, This thread has thrown plenty of light on the various breeders school of thought in a very positive way. Keep up the Gd work, and keep the rays breeding!
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote