View Single Post
Old 30-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
bobiegoh

bros, thanks for the advise. I think there are lot of problems with my way of handling the tank over the past years after read your responsed. First, let me give you more details on my tank (which are the root caused) before replying to your questions.

My tank is located near the window, so I only on the T5 light (W+B) from 1900-2200hrs. My sand based is C3 (not the fine one) with 10kgs of LR. 2 wave-makers were installed on left top and right top at the back of the tank (24hrs on) blowing at the water surface. DIY pipe surface skimmer connected to a canister with a strong flow. I don't have protein skimmer or any other equipments. Partial 10% WC with unconditioning tap water every 2-3 months (I intend to make it fortnightly from Jan 2009). Every week add unconditioning water. Feeding of LS everyday once with just enough quantity.

-Max 2 LS per adding. Mostly per month but sometime per week.

-I hardly test the water. I don't know what need to be test and what to buy?
I add Alkaline buffer, mg, cal alt month (5ml). I use a electronic PH meter to read during light on. Maybe my meter not accurate or I don't know how to use it.

-Does the SG reading affected during light on/off and day/night. Tonight I will record down the reading.

-I buy all LS from same shop at ChinaTown. The fish mostly develop ick after few days and they don't want to eat the fish food.

-After brought back the LS, I normally keep the fish in the bag for 15mins in the tank before release (when the light is on).

-I clean the tank with bare hand as I found it more easy to clean.

-I don't add medicine to the tank.

-I do not treat the water when WC or add.

Please let me know, what should I do next/future and what went wrong. Thanks.

BG.