View Single Post
Old 27-10-2004, 12:58 AM   #9
jebus
Dragon

Default when buying small tigers

hi bros
decided to contribute too

this is a simple tip on choosing tigers on top of the general guideline

1) don't buy inactive tiger, meaning tigers that don't put up a struggle while u try to bag them. most probably they are sick and will die within a day.

2) don't buy tigers which have very open mouth. it means something wrong is with their respiratory system, and will die. with their mouths wide wide open too.

3) if u ever select one very kim kim tiger, also do note about the top few guidelines too, becos some dying tigers become very very stable before they die, so do suspect something is wrong if the tiger u buy from LFS is like this too.

4) when choosing tigers, if u ever choose tigers with funny patterns, DO ALSO REM to take note about the above guidelines too, most of the time we get carried away with sym pattern here and there, and we buy back a sickly tiger and when it dies we get very distressed. my experience with patterned tigers between 1-3" is that they die extremely easy. in fact of the 9 small tigers i'm bought, 6 of them with special pattern have died, while the traditional solid bar types are big and fat. this is porbably due to mutanted genes that cause the funny pattern, which may also signify that the tiger got some "mutated" gene. however this is just my experience, duno what others say. but another bro also confirmed that the funny patterned tigers tend to die more easily.

5) lastly, if u think u want to buy a tiger, but the tiger have some ID problems, like IT tail, ST body.... and u don;t feel comfortable with it, DON'T buy the tiger or u will regret later on.

6) tiger prices fluctuate regularly, but prices of tigers have been falling lately. so if u think u want to buy a tiger as an investment, please do not do so.
and if u ever have an unwanted tiger, please DO NOT RELEASE into the local waterways! tigers are top predators in the food chain, and not native to singapore.

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BUY