View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #12
wildbear
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot1989 View Post
Thanks everyone! I can't find online what kind of water they need. Like ph, water temp and do they need salt ?
Bro Bigfoot, Welcome to tangan family

Individual tanga keeper have their own preference on water parameter but most important condition is ph, anything between 7.4 - around 8.4 is fine.

Personally for me, ideal ph is abt 8. I only use tanga lake salt to adjust gh to around 14ppm, coral sand and coral chips to stabilise ph.

Some keeper buy off the self tangan buffer and some concocts their own buffer with bicarbonate, Epsom salt, sea salt...etc which is much cheaper to emulate the same water condition in lake tanga. They are also some who don't use anything at all but their fish still strive (most pub water in Singapore at ph7+).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot1989 View Post
Thanks bro. Wonder sld I start buying cheap fish first for gaining experience or just jump to buy the fish U Intro.
For your tank size, most hobbyist will recommend you to keep a colony of shellie like similis or multis where you can enjoy watching the colony grow when the fish start to breed

Before you decide what fish to start with, would advise you to do some research, visit lfs or simply visit tanga keeper which I know some who will welcome you to see their collections and share their knowledge with you. I'm sure you won't want to end up getting fish which you don't like or regret

Just sharing my limited knowledge and hope it helps
wildbear is offline   Reply With Quote