View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #270
sfk7
Arofanatic

From https://www.football365.com/news/sev...-to-get-rid-of

Agree with his points except maybe Luke Shaw

Getting rid of the deadwood
United desperately need signings, but they need to display a similar level of urgency in getting rid of the deadwood that sits at our club year after year. A good start would be to stop offering bad players contract extensions, but alas, here we are. Who needs to go? Let me tell you, my naive friend who believes any of the people I’m about to mention will actually leave.

1) Ashley Young. If next season starts and Ashley Young walks out of that tunnel with the captain’s armband on, I will be taking a sabbatical from football. I’m very much like Pep Guardiola in that sense. Seriously though, Ashley Young needs to leave and never look back. We all need to pretend that he was never here. He is the epitome of everything wrong with this club. Bad players getting contract extensions because they’re English and “reliable.” And by “reliable” I mean he had a few games that were better than most people would have thought a bad winger turned bad full back could muster up.

2) Phil Jones and Chris Smalling. Comedy duo of the century. Two players who truly know how to bring out the worst in each other and myself. Let us end the proverbial shit storm that plagues our club. Please, for the love of football, just leave.

3) Luke Shaw. Voted our player of the season. Luke Shaw was voted our player of the season. Luke. Shaw. The type of player who looks like he just kind of got bored so he decided to stop trying very hard. Guess it’s working out well.

4) Sanchez. At least you can play piano.

5) Lukaku. For his own sake. Wherever he goes next, he will score goals. Wherever he goes after that, he will score goals. Unfortunately, despite a pretty decent record, United and Lukaku seem like a mismatch. Yet the love Daniel Storey made me feel for you remains.

6) Lingard. He has the creativity of a 70 year old accountant and he shoots like a democrat. Get him out.

I am now bored of this and will stop. Goodbye.
Gaaavie, Kaapstad naaier
sfk7 is offline   Reply With Quote