View Single Post
Old 31-08-2007, 12:23 AM   #53
Kensk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujin27 View Post
Thanks guys for the replies

i have since gotten a hang on filter and 1 taiwan moss, 1 flame moss and some plants tied to drift wood

However, my shrimps' condition seems to gotten worse instead of better.....1 jumped to its death while another got weird (swimmin ard fanatically in sudden movements) i suspect it's the flame moss tt i juz gotten yest....soaked the moss overnite n tied them to a rock and put them in tis morn....water turned greenish and tt's when my shrimp started acting tt way

Has since changed 50% of my water w tap water (no time to age them), removed the rock w flame moss and added a bit of aquarium salt. Is aquarium salt harmful to red crystal shrimps? Is 50% change adequate? Anymore thing i shld do?
Pls advice

Anyway removed the actin strangely shrimp n separated it into another tank....it has just died...sobz sobz
hope i can save the remaining shrimps
Haha you seen to be breaking whatever basic fish keeping rule there is.

1) Always cycle your tank before introducing livestock. If cannot wait , I suggest you go buy those liquid BB to speed up the cycling proccess.

2) Use anti-chlorine/chlormaine to the tap water. No need to age them.

3) Never use salt on freshwater shrimp tank! Both your plants and shrimps will surely perished!