View Single Post
Old 28-12-2004, 08:26 PM   #6
gregorsamsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyyouknow
Hi,

Think you setup is too uniform, lacks difference in height. Planning to add more plants later? Some taller plants should make the setup look nicer.

Cheers,
Lawrance
Hi Lawrence,

the lack of height difference/contouring, is partly my fault. when i lowerd the water for the planting and addition of (black) gravel, i couldn't "see" the difference or least percieve it. there is slight sloping from front to plant but you/I can't see it because the glosso is further distorting it.

As for further planting, this setup was actually inspired by another forumite in AQ, Aeon (work:faraway mountain's), as well as "hill Rug Act in Nature Aquarium book 3. In Aeon's setup, only glosso and rocks were used. personally i did not add other plants because i'm still on DIY plus stem requires (much more) maintenance, and also because there is going to be furniture reshuffle at home. With glosso rock only combi, i can just lower the water level and shift without replanting.

Lawrence, rest assured once the glosso sets in, i will revamp this tank with glosso as foreground. But that would have to wait 2-3 months?

thanks for your comments, will update this thread once the glosso does set in and anyother changes.

cheers and happy planting