View Single Post
Old 17-06-2018, 09:45 PM   #1
dr_nuker

Default Missing silver Aro

Hello everyone, i'm new in this forum, just registered. I'd like to share what happened to me with my aro. I had a little silver arowana since 2 weeks, i was keeping it in a tank with 6 discus, 2 couple of ramirezi and a panaque. Everything was going good, she was eating 3 times a day and growing. Yesterday evenning while i was having dinner i have noticed that my aro was not in the tank anymore, she was there few seconds earlier, i realized she could have jumped out of the tank, the tank is a rio 240, it is closed except for the hole in which the cables of the lights and filter goes through... i found her on the gorund, in the dust, behind the tank ( i had to move the furniture... ) 2 o 3 minutes later. she was alive, i put her in the tank and tried to clean her a little. After few minutes i was watching her she started to swim again, very slow but she was alive... i have closed that holes with some scotch tapes, i turned of the light and went to my computer to google some research about injured aros... when after an hour i went back to check on her she was missing, no sign of it... it is passed one day, she is nowhere, there is not so much stuff in the tank, 2 woods , 4 rocks and one anubias and one vallisneria. Is it possibile that she died and the other fish ate her? in just one hour? i am ver very sorry now, i had many project for her. i have just ordered a new tank 2,5x1,5x1 meters.
thanks in advice.
dr_nuker is offline   Reply With Quote