View Single Post
Old 20-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #48
Nomis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
No fancy names. Good thing.
But does it solve Simon's problem as in first post?

Buyer can come back say his LFS friend say Simon ray not P13 but actually is Sp. If buyer is rookie into rays he also can end up listening to wrong person.
Thanks many for your views and comments ..

Btw, buyer was happy with the deal finally.. (Hope I am right).

As I wish to bring this incident out for discussion , hopefully more people could be convinced that they pay what they like rather than buying what the name is...

Again as for the term "branding" , I could only concur that if that particular item has its full specifications or description by a company or organisation , then we could term them as a "brand".

The term " Black Diamond" IMHO doesn't fall under this category as they do not specifically describing a product or has any clear definition of it yet.

Like a bag without brand is a bag, but the same bag with the LV logo on it will sell with its brand at higher value... Of course the "LV" logo or character can be "Alibaba" also like what you can find in China or Thailand.

So branding to some is important , but to the extend of correct branding then it's more appropriate . Like QH having their Violet Fusion Super Red , DFI's Sapphire Gold for their arowana and so on...

The above just my personal opinion.

Simon
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote