Thread: keeping RANCHU
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 12:46 AM   #60
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by aw_i
Hi Goldfishmadman,

Wow been following this thread and seems to me u r quite familar with ranchus n stuffs. Hope u can help me with the questions below?

1)How do u acertain a "good" buy? Meaning which particular traits shld I lookout for judging a quality buy. Would b great if u can tell me a little abt each traits to lookout for each breed.

2)Pls recommend a reputable Lfs/farm/etc where I won't b "carrot headed".Best if its one which is ard for several yrs.Even better if u know someone there or any lobangs u can give.

3)seems that there r basically 2 types of ranchus(ie.Jap vs Thai), so how do we appreciate them? Body shape? Swim posture? How do we tell the difference btw a show grade n another which is not?

4)Is there a particular special diet for them? What shld be in their daily diet? How many times to feed each time?

5)How can we enhance/maximise their potential? At wat age/maturity do they reach their full potential? Is there any external factors we can manipulate to achieve this?

6) Wats the steps/things to lookout for fr yr experiences if I want to breed them.(ps:thinkin of matching/breeding a pair).Is it easy to do so?

Hope to hear it fr a pro himself.

Hi where do you buy your ranchu from. Can you tell me.

Answer
1) To look out for fish first of all you must understand the breeder. Then you will be able to understand. Ugly fish is a good fish.

2) To buy good Ranchu i have heard of This two person name Alvin and Ron. They sell good quality ranchu. So far i have not seen their fish. But give it a try they have very good players from what i heard.

3)To appreciated a fish you have to understand the breeder and Ranchu. To buy a good Ranchu is best buy Show grade. Most Ranchu win their fish from there. The best bloodline is still Jap. Very fine. Is like a string with no nots on it. Look at the scale and head you will know. Very much different.

4) Feed 3 times in the morning.

5) 3 months all fish you will be able to see it. For nice fish use green water. Some Fish is 1 year nice 2 year not nice. Some fish 1 and 2 year not nice but 3 year nice. It is very hard to find fish 1 to 3 year nice. .

6) It is not easy to breed forget it you need space. Most Luo Han use Line breeding which is not very good. Is best use Cross Breeding with the same line. Pick of mother and father must be there or else they don't look like parent. Use human as a example. Why first child looks like mother?