View Single Post
Old 26-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #29
MicrobeLiftScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
Due to it is not conduct in the manner of ask only after previous question been answered, therefore I can't locate the answer given by the water management experts for below question.

"For tank with high bioload, how often is it necessary to do water change and how many percent should be changed each time?"
There is no one answer for this. Depending on the tank volume, type of filtration, whether or not you are adding bacteria, as well as how much and what you feed the fish, the frequency and volume of water changed can vary.
Personally, I let the Special Blend do it's job and test my water regularly. As long as the water quality is excellent (little/no ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH, KH and are where there should be) I may change water only every 6 - 8 weeks, topping off with R/O water in between.
I realize going this long between water changes makes some hobbyists nervous.
Some people like to do small water changes daily, and some like to go as long as possible between water changes. I suggest using Special Blend regularly and testing your water, and doing water changes on a schedule that that you are comfortable with.