View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #14
spidy

wow wow wow

Super impressive drawing !!! Thank you so much. I have sent an email to Zac for the Zakki system, now pending his reply. I still preferred above ground system.

I went to SeaView today to check out the canister type filter and spoke to one of the SV guy. Comparing the Aqua Ultima II type (without foam or mat) vs Laguna (which definitely will clog because of form and mat).
To my surprise he told me there is no need to follow the "setup in the instruction" on the Laguna system.

His recommendation is go for spec that is 3 x the volume of pond. So for my 5500 liters set up he said ideally should go with 16500 liter rated canister. The nearest spec is the "Laguna Pressure-Flo 12000 UVC Pressurised Pond Filter with UV" which is for 12000L pond.
He then said I only need 1 layer of (optional) foam (not to filter but to break the water so that it won't spray directly on the filter media (Azoo Active Filter 4 in 1). He also recommend one layer of MarinePure biofilter media ball.

So the whole canister will only house MarinePure and Azoo ONLY !
No mat or foam which he said will definitely clog and need to keep washing.

In his recommendation there is no need to do anything except backflush the media every 6mth to 1 yr which is super easy in a canister system. Since there is no foam there is therefore no need to use the handle on the canister to scrub the clogged foam.

According to him the Azoo media last for 2 years or more depend on flow and the whole canister never need to open for the whole period.

Sound too good to be true ?

According to him 1L of the Azoo treat 50L of water, so I will need 110L !!! They sell boxes of 10L each which mean I need 11 boxes.

The most interesting part of the conversation was when I asked him to quote the whole set up for me. He only quote 2 box of 10L Azoo and 2 boxes of 3.8L x 1.5" MarinePure sphere. I told him but I have a 5500L pond, he then replied no worries as I can add on progressively to a "satisfactory" volume of bio media. I can also varies the type of Azoo media base on the need (as Azoo comes in 4 types for different function). When ask about UV, he mentioned there is no need for UV lamp because the Azoo will "treat" the water so much so there is no problem of Green water.

It all sound so amazing this Azoo media (there is another thread I found in this forum talking about it) but no conclusive testimonial unfortunately.

The adventure continues....
spidy is offline   Reply With Quote