View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 06:43 PM   #12
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamad
It's so nice seeing a lot of people are also interested in this breed!

Oranda, I don't remember where I got all these pictures as I typed "demikin" in yahoo and started saving any pic I found. But like you said the top view are from Alvin Lim's site, some of the side view are from a Chinese farm site [forgot what it's called]. As for the rest they're randomly found pics, if you want pictures of Goldfish I can send you what I have which is a lot [but they're not my own pictures, all from the internet].

I have contacted Alvin Lim and got a very nice reply from him but he said he can't help me with purchasing butterflies as his extras are all reserved to friends around him. Although he gave me a few guidelines on keeping them so that was generous.

I also toally agree with you Goldfishfever, I find the Butterfly more beautiful than the Tosakin.
What is your favour colour of the Butterfly Moor. In Singapore we have a lot of panda Butterfly Moor but most don't have the attractive butterfly shape tail.

I remember some times back, I attended a Buttefly Moor competition in one of the shopping centre. This was just like the Japanese ranchu competition, an all Butterfly competition and the fish were displayed in white bowls. The Butterfly Moors in the competition came in an assortment of colour. Then was when I get to know the fancinating Butterfly variety.