Bro, is beautiful planted set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabear View Post
very simple and nice..
Thanks cher boon and scubabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest1081 View Post
bro,
have you checked the water? i understand that the tank has yet to go thru cycling process.
when you add fishes, you will likely face ammonia issues, at the same time plants are also trying to adapt to new submerged environment.
this could be also the contributing factors to mass death of you plants.
cheers.
jest1081, you are right to say that. The water parameters based on test kit did not have noticeable changes, but as the diatoms indicated, the tank was about to complete cycling. The outbreak is now controlled by increasing the frequency of water changes (50% daily for the past week instead of every 2-3 days). Unfortunately, 80% of the UG became unrecoverable. The remaining 20% however is bouncing back which gives me great hope . It's been several days now, and there's no longer noticeable occurrence of diatoms or any other algae for that matter.

The UG was just really sensitive and caught me by surprise as other plants were seemingly unaffected. For example - I took some better samples of the affected UG and tried to cultivate them emersed - majority continued to melt completely within the subsequent few days.

In hindsight, as my setup has low plant mass, I should have kept the daily water changes much longer (maybe 2-3 weeks instead of just 1 week) and started dosing much sooner.

I look forward to updating again soon with visible progress and before-after shots
Alvin Koh is offline   Reply With Quote