Thread: The Rep System
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #9
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx
Come on john, I thought i did mention clearly in my post that "unless that person keep posting insulting or personal attacking words for no reason"? remember there's a person kenna ban by either u or alvin not long ago? i dun think that is wrong & in fact, i did warn u, kenny, alvin about that but u all give benefic of doubt nia mah.

The fact is, there r numbers of thread being closed for non vulgarity words involve, even banning a person, u need me to point those to u?

Talking about friends to add u point, this is a forum for aro's hobbyist to learn, share opinion, i dun think we need "friend" to add "point" to us, wat for?

U already said that there's no right or wrong, just agree or disagree, then why we need to add point?

wrx
Yes, we always give benefit of doubt, and tat's why banning is always a last resort ...

threads being closed when there's no vulgarity ? banning a person? by this I take it tat u opined there was a mistake in the mods action ? if yes, I do need u to point out to me ... but lest it be mistaken, vulgarity is not the sole reason for closing threads ... one example ... I pawn my dog to buy aro thread or why i feed my aro dog meat they dun want to eat .. this kind of threads are just frivolous and does nothing to improve the hobby, by and large ... and is created solely for annoyance ..

Wat for add or minus rep points ? it's not abt wat for ? it's a system where to a certain extent, the moderation task is entrusted to the members, assuming the members are matured and can see the merits of this system.

Who is contributing, who is not can easily tell ? yes and no ... there's a herd instinct in here, and u know it too, how many times hv we tried to tell them crossbreeds, abt brand names, abt wat matters and wat not matters ... u ask urself, did it work ? did they take ur advice ? it is precisely because we're all individuals, having a mind of our own, that all of us, think wat we hv experienced as being correct and not being able to try and see the other view. I hv a question, is intense colouration or crossing considered the more important criteria in a xback ? no conclusive answer ..

the grouse that I expound .. who add me, who zap me ... this whining is basically the one single grouse tat I have abt the system ... for all the matured and thinking people around, there is always the frivolous ones too .. but we cannot abort or stop an idea just for these few people

i understand abt ur expressing opinions on this webby and sincerely, i appreciate it ...

it is however my responsibility to explain the merits in a system tat i see as something that can work ...