View Single Post
Old 30-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
gryphon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird126 View Post
Nice sharing. What is the outcome of the modification , improvement on efficiency?

Mind to share further
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizhien View Post
bro gryphon, thanks for sharing. Might be looking to mod my 150A too. What are the improvements using the external probe?
The main reason why I mod is because I find that some time after my chiller kicks in, the chiller's temperature which measures the chiller's internal water tank actually rises before eventually dropping (suspect that the hot air is heating the water tank causing the raise in temperature). This caused my chiller to kick in longer to cool to a lower than the actual temperature.

My chiller kicks in at 25 deg (for about 45min+) and kicks out (nearly 2hrs) when its reading is at 24 deg but my tank temperature is 23 deg or lower! This gives my tank a rather big temperature difference of 25 deg to 23 deg or lower.

After mod, my chiller kicks in 30min and kicks out 1.5hr. Temperature is much more stable now between 24-25deg.

Since there are many queries on the price of the probe, just let everyone know its 2 red notes, bought at Sim Lim Tower Acez Instrument Pte Ltd, #B1-38
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote