View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
Gus
Dragon

This is a few comment by some member from crayfish mate forum on almond leaves (ketapan leave) which can help in Shell Disease And Ugly Brown Spots.

1) Yeah these leaves are great. If you can't get the almond leaves Oak leaves do work great as well. I have even seen in some cases where it helped with Shell Rot.

2) use oak leaves for my shrimp ...Stand them in tank water on the window sill for 10 days to get most of the tanin out then drop them in at about 3-4 day intervals.
The Tanin that is still pressent is a natural disinfectant ( trees actualy use it as such ,flooding their systems when other walls of deffence have been breached) so is good for any fish spawning having a natural fungicide in the water .but the bacteria which developes and the algea which forms is great food for the shrimp larvea .I have also dropped leaves in with my crays some times as a distraction so they wound eat the java moss I keep putting in LoL they love it ! but they do go for the leaves .Only negative I can see is your pH will need monitoring as it will fall.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote