Thread: keeping RANCHU
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2002, 11:49 AM   #28
newie

goldfish madman..

First, I do not believe expensive fish always have high standard, ie, someone can import some lousy jap ranchu, and sell them as "quality ranchu" price.. SO these fish cannot be high qualiyt type...

Personally, ranchu are not difficult to keep if you are everyday at home.. I used to keep thai ranchu in a 3feet tank, and jap ranchus in a tub. i have tried 10 days not feeding my jap ranchus and they are ok, but another time when i am not around, some got sick... i am comparing to aros.. my aro can don't eat for 2 weeks and you can be 100% sure to say he will be ok.
BUT i cannot guranntee for ranchu.. for some reason, my thai ranchu are more prone to disease when i am not around.. ???? (ie to say if i am around, and i don't feed for few days, they are ok) i am not sure what happen..
jap ranchus (i kept in green water) are less prone to diseases... mainly they are breed and raise in cemet/fibre tub, and mainly they will get only gill disease (which are very easy to cure)

Since i kept both of Thai and jap ranchus, i know that they are differnet, and i can tell a quality jap ranchu from a thai one. Good jap ranchu are judge by the body shape, and swim pattern (which is directly affected by the shape and structure of the tail), and also the quality of the colour of the ranchu.

also, i do not think thai ranchu are not as good as jap, they are baically differnet, and appreicated diffenrenlty, i have kept some good thai ranchus, which i will remember for a long time..

what about you, do you keep jap or thai ranchus?? what is your opinion???

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

How would u know the fish has standard if the price is ex. And what is sunset way selling?