View Single Post
Old 30-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #80
Seamaster

Update for Day 39

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

What a treat. There were 6 free swimming frys waiting for me when I reached the farm. How exciting!

As each day passes, more frys are learning how to swim. So I took the opportunity to take some really close shots of the FSF (free swimming frys).

I hope to capture their inner scale development, coloration, shine and hopefully gold-head appearance. But what impressed me most were their eyes. So round and so big....even for their size. Makes me think of fish head curry....yum yum...lolx.

And there are still many "resting" frys on the floor. To be objective, most of these "resting" frys seem ok and properly formed on the outside.......and for most part, they have absorbed about 75% of their egg sac. The "hand herder" told me that most of these "resting" frys will be ok......but there are times when they don't rise to the occasion, then the "hand herder" will have to intervene........What does that mean? Do they cull? Or do they have a "trade secret" method of helping "resting" frys swim...hmmm...I'll go find out.....soon I hope. Meanwhile, enjoy the vids for Day 39.

Let me know what you want to see in the vids.