View Single Post
Old 28-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #79
Seamaster

Update for Day 38

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Today's vidz can be name the "untouchables".....in a numeric sort of a way. Four free swimming frys can be seen in the tank this morning. Looks like the gang of two has doubled!!!

At this stage, scale development and shine is simply amazing. Look at the plan shot; see the glittering blue shine that flickers on the frys' side profile. I've tried very hard to "white balance" so that the vidz camera can capture the blue shine. Try to watch it in HD format and pause the vidz at the "twin head" blurr zoom out plan shot (Time: 00:54 onwards)

For some strange reason, "Alpha" likes to swim around the area where the pump water discharges the water. I guess he likes the downward pull of the water current. He gets tossed down and up over and over again, but just keeps going back. Interesting behavior!

As for the frys that are still "resting", from time to time, one or two and sometimes a whole gang of them will suddenly do "chiong" (maddening rush) swimming followed by long periods of "resting". Trying to jump start the Swim bladder....lolx.

Good to report that "bravo" is swimming normally, and doing his/her buoyancy test at various water levels. Just like what "Alpha" did.

When I started the vids some 26days ago, I was under the impression that the biggest fry will prob have the fastest development.....that point of view needs to be re-address right now. As I compare the size of frys still "resting" at the bottom of the tank and these four swimming around the tank, I have to say, the bigger frys are still "resting".......erhhh how abt egg sac size? Surely it's abt how much nutrients that the frys have absorbed....hmmm....dun think so too. Just have a look at the plan shot in the vidz and you will see that some of the frys with the smallest egg sac are still "resting".

Then what is it, that causes some frys to develop faster and some to be slower.....maybe it an issue of sexes.....you reckon? I dun know.....but as I ponder abt this issue, I feel tempted to ask for permission from owners to take scale samples for lab testing to verify. I understand from breeders that adult aros, especially the Female aros take a shorter time to come into maturity compared to their Male counterparts. But does it start at such a young age....any thoughts anyone?