View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #278
NI KI
Arofanatic

Lampard on Wilson

Liverpool are working closely with Derby County to monitor Harry Wilson’s loan spell at Pride Park, manager Frank Lampard has confirmed.

Wilson and Chelsea’s Mason Mount are both enjoying successful starts to their career at the Rams, winning international call-ups for Wales and England respectively.

“Chelsea and Liverpool keep a very close eye on Mason Mount and Harry Wilson, which is great,” the former Chelsea midfielder said.

“The communication is fantastic, both ways. I love that, that is how it should be done.

“Hopefully, they feel like they are in good hands.

“We’re loaning them, we’re borrowing them, and they go back hopefully better players and hopefully to really great careers, both of them.

“They both have good heads but they are young boys in the big scheme of their careers, and they are developing.

“The harsh reality of football is that the moment your heads gets in the clouds, with a great free kick, or an England call-up, things can turn against you, if you don’t take that in the right way.

“I just try to remind them what’s needed day in, day out, and that every training session is an opportunity to improve.

“Every moment is an opportunity to show something, to improve, to learn, to get better.

“I don’t think they need lots of telling but it is my job to remind them of that, because I do like to see them improving individually.

“It helps us, it helps them, so hopefully everyone is happy.”

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote