View Single Post
Old 14-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

Hi. . I think a picture tells a thousand words.. Please takea picture and show us. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki136 View Post
I'm new to this site, but I really need help and don't know for sure where to go. Recently, I helped my betta, Vlad, recover from Dropsy. He had fully pineconed and swelled up, but he seemed to make a full recovery. His scales laid back down, and the swelling went away entirely. That was about a month ago. However, a couple of days ago, I was looking at him and I noticed this weird white thing sticking out of his side, sort of a two-pronged protrusion. I thought they might be an anchor worm, but I was looking at pics of them online, and this seems to be much further embedded into his side than any of the pictures I saw. When he had Dropsy, his swelling got so bad that a wound opened in his side behind the swelling. The wound seemed to close after treatment, but now this thing is sticking out of the same spot where the wound was before. I might just be paranoid, but I'm starting to wonder if it's his ribs sticking out or something. He doesn't seem bothered by it- he swims around and eats as if there's nothing wrong with him, and he's not rubbing on things or darting like he would if it were a parasite. I'm just not sure, and would really love some feedback from someone who knows more about bettas than I do. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Please, someone help me help Vlad. I brought him through Dropsy, I couldn't stand to lose him to this now.
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote