Thread: T5 lightings
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #60
aropal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™ View Post
If you dont know the voltage then how do you know the wattage? The formula is given to you. Wattage = Voltage X Ampere
The higher the voltage, the brighter the LED. Grab an LED, connect it to 1.5V then connect it to 3V, tell me if the LED is brighter at 3V.
You grab a 3W LED and apply 1.5V, it will light up but it will be dim. Now apply 4V and the LED will be very bright. The voltage directly determine the total amount of power the LED will use.
If you apply 3V to a 3W LED that have a max of 4V then technically you are not driving the LED at its max value of 3W. The manufacturer will always give you the max value possible but is it practical to run at the max 4V?
The product posted is 3x 1watt LED, its different from a single 3watt LED. Can a person with 6 hands do the job of 3 normal man?
I’m perfectly aware of the methods to calculate power. This is within my field of work.

Firstly, we don’t need to work out the wattage as the manufacturer supplies the data.
Secondly, the output difference shows no relation to voltage for the baseless and dated 55 lumen figure that your repeatedly state.