Thread: The Rep System
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #100
JTBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
I'm sure everyone has their opinions. Ask 10 persons and 10 persons have their opinions. Imagine if we have to cater to everyone's opinions. Isn't that even more chaotic ?

If you dun even care abt the points, why even bother about it ?

Only mods to zap/add your points ? Apparently you don't read. Or you choose to read only what you want to read. If everything is only by the mods, then we would have stick to the old system w/o the points and just kick/ban someone who break the guidelines. You withdraw a bidding prematurely, ban. You spew vulgarities, ban. You post multiple selling threads across all sections and spam, ban. No warning through deducting reps, just ban. That's what you all want ? Or you want to get zapped first as a warning ? That again, will differ from user to user. And then of cos there are those who thinks the mods are helluva free and can be like a old grandmother private messaging and nagging everyone who flouts the guidelines. Yes, everyone which is like 20,000 members who wun give two hoots abt being warned.

You have your opinion. We have ours. Don't like this system ? Too restricted ? Too claustrophopic ? Find somewhere that suits you.
FYI. I have read through the complete thread (tis one) b4 I give my opinion.
I believe you and most of us know very well what the point system bring about in this forum. You have achieved what you desire for but you also know very well what's going on behind the scene. I am not young thus mature enough to understand take/let go but majority of the members here are young. What are thier responses? Do they take it lightly and what direction of morale cultivation does it move towards? Is it healthy?
Are you going to let it be in order to have a system that work 'fine' to you?

I am 100% not against the point system but only have different opinion on the method of implementation. I think it is fine to have point system for members but point should be awarded by the section moderators and appointed senior members who have rise up to their reputation through proper and effective assessment.

I could have simply keep my mouth shut and walk away just as you said this is a free to go bulletin board but i think i should and right to bring this up for awareness be it for yourself or others.
Lastly, I treasure those nice bros contributions to this if not wonderful forum.
Good Night and think before you act. Is it the right way?