Thread: The Rep System
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2007, 02:52 AM   #97
HappyGoLucky
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBC View Post
It is undoubt that point system is proven to be effective tool in all forms of organisation be it in school, work or military.
I don't prefer to call it rep point system here bcos it really not reflecting a person reputation. Ever seen one with thousands over rep points by 3-4 yrs and some with hundred over points wihtin a month. Does it shows that this particular person is highly reputated in terms of personal character or valuable contributions to AF?

Bcos of this system, i observed and experienced that ppl are more aware of thier points and spend more efforts to attain and maintain it then really contributing to the forum. Many tricks and efforts has been developed and inplemented to form team of good buddies or other means in order to increase their strength/ego. Thus resulting in unhealthy envoirnment slowly evolved.

In all organisation, the rewarding and penalising power lies in the hand of a team of qualified persons (Appraisers) like teachers, managers or officers and not among the appraisee. Can't imagine if this system (peer to peer appraisal) to be implemented in any of the real world organisation. What will happens?? Unhealthy development...
It usually begins with well qualified appraiser to judge, evaluate and promote potential appraisee to become assistant appraiser (class master, Engineer, OtherRank Officers/SGT) to help in maintaining the orders. This will ensure that the system work properly.

The above are just my opinion it could be wrong or you may not agree. Please kindly comments so I can be enlightened. Bear in mind, we are here to share and learn from each others. No offence or hard feeling.
Agree totally..
The rep system is a very good system to maintain the reputation of a forumer however the "person" rewarding it should be having a guideline not thru a peer to peer.

Example 1, if i have a clan of AF bro. Everyone ups each other without any contribution, sooner or later all of us will be full of rep points but where is the contribution?

Example 2, recently i am clearing my discus because giving up of hobby and going into other fish. Selling my fish in the forum duoesn't hurt or cause harm to anyone. In the end i get zapped and the remarks given is "Dun waste time on your lousy discus". It is ultimately unreasonable that such acts are being approved and no correction are being done.

After all, the only thing i have to say, is that the rep points doesn't earn me a living. By zapping me doesn't mean i earn less for the day.. I dun live by the rep points.