View Single Post
Old 18-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #15
CharlieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbasser View Post
Pls correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of the situation.

Based on the scenario I've described.

It is possible that Person X edited his post after the auction closed but the system doesn't show that he has changed it.

It is possible that Person Y quoted what was the actual bid price of Person X before it was changed.

From what was discussed, Person X wins the auction?

So it is possible that Person X cheats by editing his post after the closing and wins the auction.

And Person Y who initially saw Person X's real post, makes a quote of that post. Gets accused of changing Person X's post.
Thanks for the questions. I know what you are referring to.

If I were Person Y, to deal with this problem, I would do this. Use the "Post Quick Reply" function, together with quoting Person X's post, and put my bid. What happens next is this. Person X's post would be quoted at the time of my posting. This would prevent Person X from changing his post.

Two possibilities can occur, if Person X is editing his post while Person Y is trying to bid:
(1) If Person X has not finished editing his post, and Person Y posts his bid, the original post would be quoted in Person Y's post.
(2) If Person X has finished editing his post and saves the changes, and then Person Y posts his bid, the revised post is quoted instead.

Hope this clarifies your questions.