View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 04:08 AM   #33
spidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
Bro..some general info based on ponds I had.

Bottom drain, I recommend use 4 inch pipe.
The rest of the pipe, I use 2 inches, including output pipe from pump.

For the connecting to waterfall, you can reduce the vertical pipe to 1.5inch if needed.
For me, I use 2 inch pipe all the way, including the water fall. The vertical pipe length is about 5ft. No issue on water pressure loss.

I recommend use Tsunami as it is most reliable so far for me.

I would not recommend aerated bottom drain for your case, as the air bubble will affect your viewing.

You need to have a calm water surface for viewing pleasure.
For air bubbles in main pond, you can put at the side of the pond wall. In your case, I suggest on the left wall, so that it will help in "pushing" the water towards the surface skimmer. surface skimmer is importance for koi pond.

for your standing drain pipe, they should not be connected in single discharge. Each should have their own discharge.

Are you in Singapore?

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely take into consideration.

I have finally gotten a quote from the Ultima filter reseller in Singapore and I almost fell off my chair. Just for equipment without installation he is asking for $5000 !!!

I check on Amazon and the price I got without shipping (from US to SGP) are :
Ultima II 2000 (2" valve option) US$684.95
UV Steriliser 25 Watt, 2" (with wiper) US$331.66

Adding a submersible Pump - Tsurumi 40PU2.15S : SG$285 (from MaxKoiFarm website)

Based on the the amazon merchant estimate the air freight is around US$400
(to ship to my doorstep)

It will only come up to SG$2400 (rounding up, I even include 7% GST). Which is half of what the local reseller is quoting.

I am now very tempted to DIY the whole thing like what DragonFireSG did.
My builder will build the cement pond and all the piping work, I will have to tell them exactly how to connect the Ultima II and UV (which is very straight forward)

Any fellow hobbyist want to volunteer to help me on the final details on the design ?
spidy is offline   Reply With Quote